DDA compliance training -
one-day workshop shows how to
maximise your site's accessibility
Whether you are a web manager or developer, DDA compliance for websites is a big issue.
In one highly interactive day we'll teach you the simple, practical steps you can take to ensure your website complies with the Disability Discrimination Act.
At the same time we'll show you how to make your site more accessible to a wider audience. That includes people with and without disability.
To ensure our DDA Compliance For Websites workshop delivers an appropriate level of training we tailor it to your requirements.
First we speak to you. Then we look at your site. Finally, we design a course that takes your needs into account.
In this way we ensure you gain the full benefit from the day and leave much better equipped to improve your site’s DDA compliance.
What you learn
This is a practical course with exercises to reinforce key principles. During the session we provide expert guidance on:
- what website accessibility means
- how to address the needs of users
- writing or briefing others on how to write accessible content
- identifying good and bad accessibility
- avoiding classic accessibility blunders
- key trends in accessibility.
We also show you:
- why web accessibility is important
- how to use enabling technologies
- how to comply with key standards
- how to boost accessibility through your content
- how to specify an accessible website
- three simple tools you can use to test website accessibility
- five practical steps you can take to boost the accessibility of any website.
Who should attend
DDA Compliance For Websites is suitable for groups of two to eight people. It can be run as an open course for individuals from different organisations, or as an in-company course for people from the same organisation. A one-to-one master class package is also available.
All information is presented in simple, jargon-free language. No prior technical or legal knowledge is needed.
We recommend this course if:
- you are concerned that your current site does not comply with the DDA
- you are planning a new website and wish to maximise its accessibility and ensure it is DDA compliant
- you are about to revamp an existing site and would like to factor accessibility and DDA compliance into the new design
- you are a web designer who would like to add accessibility and DDA compliance to your areas of expertise
- you already have some understanding of web accessibility and DDA compliance but would like to extend your knowledge.
All prices exclude VAT. We offer two main options:
- a one-to-one master class - £1,074
- group bookings for two to eight people – see table below.
Group bookings for in-company training at your workplace - or off-site at our training centre in Surrey - are charged at the following rates:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
Please note, for in-company training an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation.
A two-day course which looks at the key issues in even greater depth is also available. Please call or email us for further details.
Where we train
As a training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton we can run courses:
- at our Surrey training centre - in Carshalton, just 30 minutes from central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you are looking to extend your knowledge of DDA compliance for websites, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
For more information about this bespoke training course or to make a booking, please call: 020 8773 4718.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve read about your DDA Compliance training course.
Now please take me to the Strawberry Training home page