Our Writing For An Intranet
breathes new life into your
Intranets are powerful tools. But are you making best use
Our Writing For An Intranet training workshop shows you how to unlock the full power of the medium.
If you create content for an intranet, you’ll know how valuable it can be for internal communications. But do your words always connect with their intended audiences?
Our one day course teaches you best practices in intranet writing.
We’ll tell you exactly what you must do to capture and hold the interest of intranet readers.
We’ll show you how, by following a few simple principles, you can achieve more effective employee communications. This in turn can lead to better employee relations and greater employee motivation.
This is a highly tailored course.
Before the training we speak to you and any colleagues attending, and ask you to send us examples of your writing. This can be a mix of intranet content and any other material you may have written as part of your job.
We also discuss your level of expertise and experience, and talk about the internal communications issues you face. If necessary, we speak to your line manager as well.
We then design a course that fits your needs.
What you learn
Although each session varies, a typical Writing For An Intranet training course is likely to cover:
- an overview of good writing techniques for online media
- the principles of good internal communications and how they apply to the intranet
- techniques for connecting with readers and boosting readability
- tips for ensuring readers do not miss crucial information
- a powerful tool for writing, editing and restructuring your text
- how to write strong headlines and effective links.
In addition our course looks at:
- how to handle sensitive or controversial issues
- how to convert offline material - such as leaflets, brochures and reports - into accessible intranet content
- how to breathe life into dull or uninspiring material
- writing techniques to capture and hold the reader’s attention
- common intranet mistakes and how to avoid them.
What you gain
During the course our tutor will provide constructive feedback on your organisation's intranet content, identifying strengths as well as areas which could benefit from further development.
Where he finds weaknesses he will give you practical advice on how to fix them.
By the end of the session you'll be equipped with a powerful set of intranet writing tools designed to help you breathe new life into your internal communications.
Who should attend
Our Writing For An Intranet training courses are suitable for groups of two to six people. A one-to-one master class is also available.
The course is especially recommended if:
- you are new to intranet writing and want to learn how to get the most from the medium
- your intranet has been redesigned and you feel its content also needs to be upgraded
- many people write for your organisation's intranet and you want to ensure a consistent approach
- you feel your organisation could achieve better internal communications if you and your colleagues knew how to write more effectively for your intranet.
We can run this course at our South London training centre or at your offices, anywhere in the UK or EU.
In either case our rates are:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
| 1 to 3
|| £210 to £630
Please note: all prices exclude VAT.
For courses run at your offices, an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. Every effort will be made to keep these costs to an absolute minimum.
We also offer a two-day Writing For An Intranet course. For more details please call the number at the foot of this page.
Where we train
As a training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton we can run courses:
- at our South London training centre - in Carshalton, Surrey, just 30 minutes from Central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy.
That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you are looking to develop your intranet writing skills or those of your team, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
And finally . . .
At the end of the session we will issue you with an official course certificate to confirm you have attended.
We will also give you the trainer’s phone number and email address. This is a free service we offer. It allows you to contact the trainer, after the course, if you have any questions about what you have learned.
For more information on our Writing For An Intranet training course, or to make a booking, please call: 020 8773 4718.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve read about your Writing For An Intranet training course.
Now please take me to the Strawberry Training home page.