Our tailored course in
comes packed with
Like all our training, our Website Copywriting course is carefully tailored to your needs.
We only finalise its content after we have spoken to you and gained a complete understanding of your website and the issues you face when writing for it.
Principles of good copywriting
This highly interactive, one-day course focuses on the principles of good copywriting, providing the tools you need to create effective web content.
Packed with powerful tips, it covers everything from the basic rules of writing and editing for the web to more advanced techniques employed by professional copywriters.
As part of the training we provide you with a constructive critique of your web content. We highlight its strengths but also advise on areas where further improvement is possible.
What you learn
We show you how to:
- capture and hold your reader's attention
- communicate key messages effectively
- create content that informs, persuades and sells
- write engaging headlines and intros
- breathe life into less than exciting topics
- use links appropriately
- adopt the clear, concise style the medium demands.
In addition, we give you practical advice on how to:
- structure your writing
- adapt your words for different audiences
- optimise your web pages for the search engines
- turn paper-based information into compelling web content
- avoid common web writing mistakes.
What you gain
By the end of the course you'll be handling your website copywriting duties with greater skill and authority. You'll also be able to edit other people's writing with confidence and, where necessary, explain to them why changes are needed.
Who should attend
Our Website Copywriting course can be run for groups of two to six. A one-to-one master class is also available. We particularly recommend this course if:
- you are new to writing for the web
- your site has been redesigned and you feel its content also needs to be upgraded
- several people now write for your site and you want to achieve a consistent style and approach
- your organisation's content has traditionally been written by a central team but now you plan to devolve this to local managers, and these managers need guidance on how to write for the web
- you are interested in developing your skills as an SEO copywriter.
We can run this for you at our South London training centre or at your offices, anywhere in the UK or EU.
Our rates for a one-day course are:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
| 1 to 3
|| £210 to £630
All prices exclude VAT.
Please note: for courses run outside the UK we charge a minimum fee of £720.
For courses run at your offices, an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. Every effort will be made to keep these costs to an absolute minimum.
We also offer a two-day Website Copywriting course. For more details please call the number at the foot of this page.
Where we train
As a bespoke corporate training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton, we run courses:
- at our South London training centre - in Carshalton, Surrey just 30 minutes from Central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you are looking to develop the web writing skills of your team, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
And finally . . .
At the end of the training session we will issue you with an official course certificate to confirm you have attended.
We will also give you the trainer’s phone number and email address. This is a free service we offer. It allows you to contact the trainer, after the course, if you have any follow-up questions about what you have learned.
For more information on our Website Copywriting course or to make a booking, please call: 020 8773 4718.
You can also email: email@example.com
I’ve read about your Website Copywriting courses.
Please take me to the Strawberry Training home page