Business Writing Course
equips you for career success
Our one-day Professional Business Writing Course gives you the business writing skills you need for a successful career.
Packed with practical tips, the course covers everything from the basic rules of good business communication to powerful writing techniques employed by professional copywriters.
Impact and credibility
We'll show you the simple steps you can take to add impact and credibility to all your business writing, from the briefest email to the longest report.
Whether you're writing to persuade, to explain or simply to inform, this course supplies the tools and best practices that will ensure you achieve your goals.
Tailor made training
A key feature of the training is how closely we tailor it to your needs. We won't just tell you the principles of good business writing. We'll show you how those principles can be applied to the documents you write.
If you wish, bring along an example of something you have drafted, and we'll give you our constructive feedback. We'll celebrate its strengths, but also show you how to address any weaknesses.
What you learn
In one highly interactive day we'll teach you how to:
- write documents that immediately connect with readers
- create text that is clear and concise
- write persuasively and with authority
- communicate key messages effectively
- hold the reader's attention throughout a document
- make a winning case
- make your text flow smoothly
- restructure your documents to make them more readable
- sidestep all the classic business writing mistakes.
We'll also give you clear guidance on how to:
- plan and structure lengthy documents
- adjust your writing for different audiences
- convey bad or disappointing news sensitively
- fix awkward sentences
- use layout and typography to boost readability
- speed up the writing process
- avoid common grammar, punctuation and spelling traps.
What you gain
By the end of the course you'll have a clear understanding of how to apply the rules of good business writing to a variety of documents.
This includes: emails, proposals, business reports, business cases, customer letters, sales letters, employee notices, management briefings, case studies and product and service descriptions.
Best of all, you'll leave the course with a set of skills that will serve you well for the rest of your career.
Who should attend
Our Professional Business Writing Course is suitable for groups of two to six people, although larger groups can be considered. It is also available as a one-to-one master class.
We particularly recommend it if you or your colleagues fall into any of these categories:
- much of your working day is spent writing and you feel there is room for improvement
- you have recently transferred to a job where you do more writing and you want to sharpen your business writing skills
- your role as a business writer has changed and you are being asked to tackle unfamiliar writing tasks
- you have never attended a formal business writing course and are keen to take your writing to the next level
- your writing tends to have an academic tone and you would like to switch to a style more suited to the business world.
We can run this course at our South London training centre or at your offices, anywhere in the UK or EU.
Our rates for a one-day course are:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
| 1 to 3
|| £420 to £1,260
All prices exclude VAT.
Please note: for courses run outside the UK we charge a minimum fee of £1,440.
For courses run at your offices, an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. Every effort will be made to keep these costs to an absolute minimum.
We also offer a two-day Professional Business Writing course. For more details please call the number at the foot of this page.
Where we train
As a bespoke training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton we run courses:
- at our South London training centre - in Carshalton,Surrey just 30 minutes from Central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you are looking to develop the business writing skills of your team, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
For more about our Professional Business Writing Course or to make a booking for you or your team, please call us on: 020 8773 4718.
You can also email: email@example.com
I’ve read about your Professional Business Writing Course. Now take me to the Strawberry Training home page