’Writing For Customers’
a tailored workshop on good
If your job involves customer communications, then our 'Writing For Customers' workshop could be invaluable.
In one highly interactive day we will provide you with the tools you need to develop your skills as a writer of effective customer communications.
We’ll steer you safely past all the challenges and dangers, and show you the appropriate style and tone to adopt when writing to customers. That includes everything from emails and letters to reports and proposals, not forgetting customer briefings, updates, newsletters and web content.
These workshops are carefully tailored to the needs of you and your colleagues, and also to the industry or sector in which you work. Before the course we speak to those attending, and, where possible, to a line manager as well.
We use these discussions to find out:
- where your strengths and weaknesses lie
- the kinds of documents you write for customers
- the challenges you face in writing those documents.
We then design a course that fully addresses your needs, while taking into account the in-house practices of your company.
What you learn
Our ‘Writing For Customers’ workshops use skill-building exercises, customer communications scenarios and group review sessions to highlight key principles.
Topics we focus on include:
- understanding the customer’s mindset
- creating documents that connect with the customer
- writing clearly and persuasively
- identifying key customer messages and communicating them effectively
- making a winning case
- structuring your text for readability
- responding appropriately to customer complaints
- classic customer communications blunders and how to avoid them.
In addition, we take a close look at:
- the need for openness and honesty
- the value of timely and accurate communications
- managing your promises
- managing customer expectations
- adopting the right tone and language
- maintaining a professional approach
- safeguarding the brand
- the nine key requirements for successful customer communications.
What you gain
By the end of the workshop you will have the knowledge and resources to write more effectively for your customers. You will be able to handle a variety of customer communications scenarios in a more confident and professional way, that reflects well on you and your company.
Who should attend
Our ‘Writing For Customers’ workshops are suitable for groups of two to six people. They are especially recommended if you fall into one or more of these categories:
- you would like a good overview of how to write for customers with practical hints and tips
- you have some experience of writing for customers and feel ready to take your skills to the next level
- you are now dealing with major customers and lack confidence in some areas of your written communications
- you plan to increase your written communications with customers and would like guidance on best practices before proceeding.
All prices for our ‘Writing For Customers’ workshops exclude VAT. We offer three main options:
- a one-to-one master class - £560
- an open course for two to six people - £295 per person
- group bookings for two to six people – see table below.
Group bookings for in-company training at your workplace - or off-site at our training centre in Surrey - are charged at the following rates:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
Please note, for in-company training at your workplace an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation.
Where we train
As a training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton we can run courses:
- at our Surrey training centre - in Carshalton, just 30 minutes from central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you are looking to develop your customer communications skills, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
For more information about these workshops or to make a booking, please call: 020 8773 4718.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve read about your customer communications training.
Please take me to the Strawberry Training home page