Report writing training
that takes the pain out of
writing business reports
Our report writing training course is designed for anyone who’s ever:
- dreaded having to write a business report
- agonised over what to say or how to say it
- worried about how to structure a report
- produced numerous drafts with little progress
- struggled to meet the deadline.
Report writing skills
If these scenarios sound familiar, or you simply want to freshen up your business report writing skills, this is the training package for you.
In one highly interactive day we’ll give you the strategies you need to remove the pain and hassle from your report writing.
Our unique workshop, Professional Report Writing Plus, addresses the most common challenges you’re likely to face when drafting a business report. We’ll show you the precise steps you need to plan and structure your report, and ensure its objectives are met in full.
Add impact and authority
At the same time we’ll introduce you to some of the techniques professional copywriters use to add impact and authority to their writing.
These powerful tools can transform your business writing, yet amazingly, few report writers use them.
We’ll explain how these tools can give you a vital edge, helping you to write reports that are credible, accessible and businesslike. What’s more, when you use them, you can be sure the documents you create will reflect well on you as their author.
Our tailored approach to report writing training
Like all our courses, Professional Report Writing Plus is closely tailored to the needs of those attending.
Before the training, we speak to you about the kind of work you do, the types of document you write and where you feel your strengths and weaknesses as a writer lie.
Only when we fully understand your requirements will we finalise the course content.
Get expert feedback on your writing
If you wish, send us a document you’ve drafted and we’ll give you a detailed, professional critique of your writing.
Our tutor will do this either during the workshop or afterwards by phone.
Needless to say, any material you send us will be treated in strictest confidence and used only to help you write better reports.
See the difference immediately
And now for perhaps the best news of all. If you're expecting a course full of complicated theories and procedures, you're in for a pleasant surprise.
All the tools we give you on our one-day report writing course are really easy to use.
They're so simple, you can start applying them to your writing from the very next day and see the difference immediately.
So what exactly do you get if you sign up for one of our business report writing courses?
What you’ll learn
We'll teach you how to:
- carry out simple but essential steps that lay the foundations for an effective report
- structure your reports for impact and reader friendliness
- create text that is clear and concise
- write persuasively and with authority
- breathe life into every report you write
- ensure key messages are communicated appropriately
- hold the reader's attention throughout
- avoid classic report writing blunders.
Our report writing training also gives vital tips to help you:
- speed up your report writing
- find the right words to express your ideas
- add value to the facts and figures in your report
- add credibility to your report
- maintain the right style and tone throughout
- present the big picture as well as the fine detail
- use layout and typography to boost readability
- fix awkward sentences
- avoid common grammar, punctuation and spelling traps.
What you gain
By the end of your report writing training course you’ll have the confidence to create a whole range of business documents.
- sales reports
- market reports
- customer reports
- performance reports
- management reports
- departmental reports
- monthly progress reports.
And you'll find the report writing skills you've learned will also help you in the drafting of:
- business cases
- project updates
- customer proposals
- marketing strategies
- communication plans
- management briefings.
Perhaps most important of all, when you leave our training room you’ll be taking away a set of business writing and editing skills that will serve you well for the rest of your career.
Who should attend
Our bespoke report writing training is suitable for groups of two to ten, and is also available as a one-to-one master class.
We particularly recommend it if:
- you're looking for a good overview of how to write a report, as well as clear guidance on best practice
- report writing is an important part of your job but you’ve never received any formal training in it
- you feel you take too long to write reports and need guidance on how to speed up the process, as well as improve the quality of your writing and structuring
- your reports tend to have an academic tone and you’d like to switch to a style more suited to the business world
- your reports are read by major customers and senior managers and you feel they deserve better
- you believe you're a competent report writer but would like to take your skills to the next level.
We can run this course at our South London training centre or at your offices, anywhere in the UK or EU.
In either case our rates are:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
| 1 to 6
|| £115 to £690
Please note: all prices exclude VAT.
For courses run at your offices, an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. Every effort will be made to keep these costs to an absolute minimum.
We also offer a two-day report writing course. For more details please call the number at the foot of this page.
Do you write reports for local government?
If you're a report writer working for a local authority, then you'll be delighted to learn we have a workshop specifically designed for you.
It's every bit as tailored and feature-packed as our general report writing course, but dedicated to the issues you face in local government.
Please go to: Report writing for local government.
Where we train
As a bespoke training provider in the London Borough of Sutton we can run our report writing training courses:
- at our South London training centre - in Carshalton, Surrey, about 30 minutes from Central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries.
They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you want to learn how to write reports that are professional and engaging, and get results, call us today and we’ll talk you through the options.
And finally . . .
At the end of the training session we will issue you with an official course certificate to confirm you have attended.
We will also give you the trainer’s phone number and email address. This is a free service we offer. It allows you to contact the trainer, after the course, if you have any questions about what you have learned.
For more about our professional report writing training or to make a booking, please call: 020 8773 4718.
Or email: email@example.com
I’ve finished reading about your report writing training.
Now take me to the Strawberry Training home page