Polish your online communication skills with our highly acclaimed
’Tailored Web Writing Course'
Our Tailored Web Writing Course has been running successfully for more than eight years.
It’s a tried and tested package that has attracted positive reviews from people working in every major sector of the economy. If you’re seeking an effective course in writing for the web, this has to be a serious option.
Our course has proved popular because it is completely customisable. Tell us your needs and we will address them in the training.
Best of all you'll find our tailored course less expensive than many equivalent off-the-shelf courses run by other major training agencies.
A quick overview
Available as either a one-day or two-day package, our Tailored Web Writing Course gives you the tools and techniques to create well-crafted websites that connect with readers and help you to build long-term relationships with them.
Wherever possible we’ll show you how the rules of good web writing can be applied to your site. And we’ll reinforce these points through interactive review sessions and skill-building exercises.
Give us the URLs of your web pages and we’ll provide you with a professional appraisal of your writing, letting you know where we believe your strengths and weaknesses lie, and how you can improve.
What you learn
Ultimately the content of our Tailored Web Writing Course is determined by your needs. However, we are likely to cover the following topics:
- simplifying the writing process
- exploiting the power of the medium
- understanding your readers and the tasks they wish to accomplish
- boosting readability through layout and typography
- writing effective links
- writing attention-grabbing headlines and opening paragraphs
- optimising your words for the search engines
- converting offline text into compelling web copy
- converting first-time visitors into regular readers and customers.
We also include:
- a powerful technique for writing, editing and restructuring text
- two simple ideas at the heart of all web writing and editing
- guidance on five types of web page and how to boost their effectiveness
- the five ‘f’ words that can drive readers away
- five words or phrases you should ban from your website
- six ways to connect with readers
- seven ways to minimise the burden on your readers
- invaluable resources to streamline your writing and editing.
What you gain
By the end of the course you'll have the skills and confidence to tackle a wide variety of web writing projects. You'll know how to create web content that is accessible, informative and persuasive.
Crucially, you'll have powerful tools at your disposal to help you draw more readers to your website and convert more of them into customers.
Who should attend
Our Tailored Web Writing Course can be run for groups of two to six. A one-to-one master class is also available.
The course is especially recommended if:
- you are new to web writing at a professional level
- you are taking on additional web writing duties and could do with some guidance
- you’ve been writing for the web for some time and would like to add new techniques to your skillset, as well as have an evaluation of your existing skills
- you would like to convert more visitors into customers
- you are planning to redesign your site and would like to upgrade the content at the same time.
We can run this course for you at our South London training centre or at your offices, anywhere in the UK or EU.
Our rates for a one-day course are:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
| 1 to 3
|| £190 to £570
All prices exclude VAT.
Please note: for courses run outside the UK we charge a minimum fee of £680.
For courses run at your offices, an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. Every effort will be made to keep these costs to an absolute minimum.
We also offer a two-day web writing course. For more details please call the number at the bottom of this page.
Where we train
As a training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton we can run courses:
- at our Surrey training centre - in Carshalton, just 30 minutes from central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you are looking to develop your web writing skills, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
For more information on our Tailored Web Writing Course or to book places for you or your team, please call: 020 8773 4718.
You can also email: email@example.com
I’ve read about your Tailored Web Writing Course.
Now please take me to the Strawberry Training home page