'How To Pass The
Website Usability Test'
- a one-day,
Your site has potential. It's attracting visitors. But would it pass the website usability test?
What if all the work you and your colleagues have put into creating and promoting it, is being wasted because of usability problems?
Our website usability course focuses on the practical steps you can take to avoid this. We show you how to fix problems that can unsettle visitors and cause them to miss the key benefits of your site.
We explain everything in plain English. Even if you have little technical knowledge, by the end of the session you’ll know how to apply the principles of website usability to your site.
What you learn
This is a practical course with plenty of exercises to reinforce key principles. In one highly interactive day we’ll show you how to:
- identify common usability issues
- run a simple usability test
- measure and quantify usability problems
- work with website developers to implement improvements
- apply the five quality components of usability
- use the System Usability Scale
- carry out rule-of-thumb evaluations
- improve the usability of links and buttons.
Other usability issues
We’ll also cover issues such as:
- the key principles of usable writing
- how usability impacts on search engine optimisation
- planning and running a usability test
- writing unbiased questions for your test
- recruiting the right test participants
- writing a test script
- observing participants and taking notes
- choosing the right test recording tools.
During the session we’ll highlight examples of good and bad practice. We’ll show you what users find helpful when they visit your website, and what they find troubling.
What you gain
By the end of the course you’ll have a set of tools which you can apply to your own website to give it a significant usability uplift.
We’ll provide you with tried and tested techniques that can transform the user experience of everyone who visits your site. You’ll also have a much clearer understanding of the issue of usability.
Who should attend
How To Pass The Website Usability Test is suitable for groups of two to eight people. It can be run as an open course for individuals from different organisations, or as an in-company course for people from the same organisation. A one-to-one master class package is also available.
We recommend this training course if:
- you are planning a new website and wish to maximise its usability levels
- you are about to revamp an existing site and would like to factor usability into the new design
- your website attracts traffic but is not converting enough visitors into customers, subscribers or regular users
- you are a web designer who would like to add usability to the list of skills you can offer clients
- you already have some understanding of usability but would like to extend your knowledge.
Before we train people we assess their suitability for the course. If we think How To Pass The Website Usability Test is not right for you, we'll tell you well in advance so you can make other arrangements.
If you enrol on How To Pass The Website Usability Test, you’ll find our approach to training very simple.
First we speak to you, then we look at your site and finally we design a course that takes your needs into account.
By tailoring our website usability training in this way, we ensure it offers the maximum benefit to all who attend. As far as we know, we are the only UK training provider to offer such a tailored approach to usability, at such competitive prices.
All prices exclude VAT. We offer two main options:
- a one-to-one master class - £1,074
- group bookings for two to six people – see table below.
Group bookings for in-company training at your workplace - or off-site at our UK training centre in Surrey, in the London Borough of Sutton - are charged at the following rates:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
Please note, for in-company training an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation costs.
A two-day course which looks at the key issues in even greater depth is also available. Please call or email us for further details.
Where we train
As a training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton we can run courses:
- at our South London training centre - in Carshalton, Surrey, just 30 minutes from Central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you are looking to develop your intranet writing skills or those of your team, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
If you'd like more information about the course or you wish to make a booking, please call: 020 8773 4718.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve read How To Pass The Website Usability Test.
Now take me to the Strawberry Training home page