Writing Business Emails
that Get Results
- a half-day workshop
'Writing Business Emails that Get Results', focuses on the practical things you can do to create more effective and professional emails.
In an intensive half-day workshop we’ll show you the techniques you need to write emails that allow you to meet your objectives in full. And we’ll give you some simple rules to enable you to use this powerful communications tool to best effect.
Our professional email writing workshops are carefully tailored to the needs of you and your colleagues. Before the training we speak to as many of you as we can, and to at least one of your line managers as well.
We then use this information to design a course that addresses your needs while being fully compatible with your in-house practices.
What you learn
We show you how to:
- capture and hold your reader's attention
- create professional emails that communicate key messages effectively
- write persuasively and make a winning case
- convey disappointing news sensitively
- ensure your email is readable and flows smoothly
- structure your email for maximum impact
- avoid common grammar traps
- overcome the five dangers that all writers of email face.
Our workshop also covers:
- attention to detail
- business email etiquette
- how to pass the scissors test
- developing a house style guide
- adopting a professional email writing style
- managing your promises
- managing people’s expectations
- writing effective subject headers
- using the right naming conventions for attachments.
What you gain
By the end of the session you'll know how to write emails that:
- are easier to read
- are easier to understand
- will help you achieve your objectives.
You’ll be writing business emails to a standard that reflects well on you and your employer. Above all, you’ll have a set of tools that will serve you well for the rest of your career.
Who should attend
'Writing Business Emails that Get Results' is suitable for groups of four to ten people.
This training course is particularly recommended if you or your colleagues fall into one or more of these categories:
- your business or organisation relies heavily on emails and you need to maximise their effectiveness
- you feel there’s room for improvement in your emails and you'd like to take them to the next level
- you want to raise the standard of email writing across your business or organisation
- you'd like your team or department to communicate with the rest of the world in a more consistent and professional manner.
Before we train people we assess their suitability for the training. If we think this course is not right for you, we'll let you know well in advance so you can make other arrangements.
All prices exclude VAT. Two main options are available:
- open course for four to ten people - £120 per person
- group bookings for four to ten people – see table below.
Group bookings for in-company training at your workplace - or off-site at our training centre in Surrey - are charged at the following rates:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
Please note, for in-company training at your workplace an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation costs.
For more information on 'Writing Business Emails that Get Results' or to make a booking for your team, please call: 020 8773 4718.
Or email: email@example.com
I’ve read about your 'Writing Business Emails' workshops.
Now please take me to the Strawberry Training home page