for non-native speakers:
lasting one or two days
If you write copy for an international audience, our tailored course – English copywriting for non-native speakers – has to be a serious option.
Many of the people we train are non-native English speakers who have a good command of the language, but lack experience in copywriting.
Some may also need guidance on how to write for audiences who don't have English as their first language.
Our tutor is a highly experienced native British copywriter who has trained hundreds of non-native speakers in copywriting in English.
His courses, which he delivers across Britain and the rest of the EU, have been attended by people from more than 25 different European countries. The vast majority of those attending have English as a second language.
In the past three years alone he has run copywriting courses in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Spain.
All courses are fully tailored to our clients’ needs.
Before preparing each session our trainer will talk to everyone attending. This helps him to understand:
- their level of experience
- the kinds of copy they write
- the copywriting issues they face as a non-native speaker of English.
Get a professional critique of your writing
Our trainer also encourages those attending to bring along examples of copy they have written, for constructive review. This can either be published material or draft copy that has yet to be published.
If appropriate, he will also speak to a line manager of those attending to get an overview of their needs.
In this way he ensures that training time is used efficiently and every session is closely targeted to local requirements.
Guidance can be provided on a range of copywriting tasks. These can include one or more of the following:
- web, intranet or blog content
- advertising copy
- brochures and leaflets
- customer letters
- articles and newsletters
- press releases
- case studies
- public notices
What you learn
Among other things, you will learn how to:
- plan for each copywriting task
- adjust your copy to match the needs of different audiences
- write in a clear and concise style
- ensure your words have credibility and authority
- connect with your readers and hold their attention
- write compelling headlines, taglines and opening paragraphs
- create persuasive calls to action.
You'll also be given essential tools to help you:
- optimise your web content for the search engines
- structure your messages for maximum impact
- speed up the writing process
- deal with writer’s block
- produce a stream of creative ideas quickly and easily
- find the right words and phrases to express each idea
- ensure your text flows
- avoid classic copywriting mistakes.
Other benefits of 'English copywriting for non-native speakers'
By attending this course you’ll learn how to write and edit copy at greater speed and with increased confidence.
You'll leave the session with a copywriting toolkit that takes you smoothly from first idea through to a professionally written finished product.
In addition, you'll be introduced to powerful techniques used by professional copywriters to connect with readers, and - where appropriate – transform those readers into valued customers.
Who should attend
Our ‘English copywriting for non-native speakers’ course is suitable for groups of two to six people. It's also available as a one-to-one master class.
We especially recommend it if:
- you have only recently started copywriting and would like a comprehensive overview of the topic
- you have to write a lot of copy but you’ve never been formally trained as a copywriter
- you have a major copywriting task coming up and you want to tighten up your writing before you start
- you take a little too long to write your copy and could do with practical tips on how to speed up
- you write for the web and want to be a more effective SEO copywriter
- you are a translator or someone who has a good command of the English language and would like to become more involved in copywriting.
We can run this course at our South London training centre or at your offices, anywhere in the UK or EU.
In either case, our rates for a one-day course, are:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
| 1 to 3
|| £480 to £1,440
All prices exclude VAT.
Please note, if the training is run at your workplace, an additional fee will be charged to cover our tutor’s travel and, if necessary, hotel costs. These will be charged at cost and kept to an absolute minimum.
We also offer a two-day 'English copywriting for non-native speakers' course. For more information please call the number at the foot of this page.
Other writing courses to consider
As a non-native speaker of English, you may be interested in two further business writing courses we run at Strawberry Training.
To find out more take a look at:
Where we train
As a bespoke training provider in the London Borough of Sutton we can run our copywriting courses:
- at our South London training centre - in Carshalton, Surrey just 30 minutes from Central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the European Union.
To date our trainer has run courses in more than 20 cities across the EU. In so doing he has helped to train a wide range of professionals from every sector of the economy.
This includes people from local, national and international government, as well as from small, medium and large businesses. Employees of some of the world's largest companies have attended his courses.
The European Commission
Among other things, he has run numerous courses for the European Commission and its many agencies.
If you're hoping to enhance your copywriting abilities or those of your team, call us today and we’ll talk you through your options.
And finally . . .
At the end of the session our trainer will issue you with an official course certificate to confirm you have attended.
We will also give you the trainer’s phone number and email address. This is a free service we offer. It allows you to contact the trainer, after the course, if you have any follow-up questions about what you have learned.
For more on ‘English copywriting for non-native speakers’ or to book a course, call: +44 20 8773 4718.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve finished reading about ’English copywriting for non-native speakers'. Now please take me to the Strawberry Training home page