Our one-day workshop
teaches you how to
ghost write a blog
If you work in PR or corporate communications, you may be asked at some point to ghost write a blog for a client or a senior manager.
If you’ve not done it before, you’ll find ghostwriting can be an interesting but challenging task. This highly specialised training course is designed to help you meet that challenge successfully.
In one intensive day our tutor will show you how to produce a well-crafted, ghost written blog that your client or senior colleague will be happy to sign off.
Our tutor, a professional blogger with many years’ experience in PR and corporate communications, will highlight the exact steps you must take to achieve a positive outcome.
At the same time he will outline the potential traps and pitfalls for the inexperienced blogger or ghostwriter.
Among other things he will show you how to:
- identify and meet the objectives of your ghost blog
- write convincingly in another person’s voice
- create blog posts people will want to read
- complete each post quickly and efficiently.
Tailored to your needs
Because every ghost writing project is different, this course has to be tailored to the needs of each person attending.
Before the training takes place our tutor will call you to discuss your requirements in some detail. The more you tell him about your project, the more helpful he can be.
Your strengths as a ghost writer
He will also ask you to send him examples of your writing. These will allow him to identify where your strengths lie as a writer and potential ghost writer, and in what areas additional development may be needed.
‘How to ghost write a blog' provides a mixture of powerful tips, skill-enhancing exercises and insightful review sessions. By the end of the workshop you'll have the tools and techniques to generate effective ghost written blog posts on a regular basis.
Your career in PR or corporate communications
What’s more, the skills you learn as a ghost blogger will stand you in good stead for the rest of your career in public relations or corporate communications.
For example, these skills will help when you come to write your own blog, or if you are ever required to ghost write other material such as: articles, opinion pieces, forewards, speeches or letters.
What you learn
This highly tailored course provides you with:
- the key principles of ghost writing and how they apply to blogging
- essential resources for bloggers and ghost writers
- vital tips on how to handle reader comments
- invaluable techniques to ensure your blog posts are readable and engaging for their target audiences.
Additionally, our tutor will give you clear guidance on how to:
- plan and set up your ghost blog
- identify and reproduce your subject’s tone of voice
- gather all the information you need about your subject, either through interviews or research
- generate strong, creative ideas for future posts that are compatible with your subject’s interests and personality.
And finally, he will advise you on how to:
- breathe life into your blog even when you are writing about dry or uninspiring topics
- speed up the whole information-gathering and writing process
- overcome blogger’s block
- promote your ghost blog and build an audience for it
- optimise your blog posts for the search engines
- avoid common mistakes made by bloggers and ghost writers.
Who should attend
Our 'How to ghost write a blog' workshop can be run for groups of two to six people. A one-to-one master class is also available.
We recommend this course if:
- you've been asked to write a blog on behalf of someone else such as a client or senior colleague
- you'd like to offer your clients additional services and you feel a ghost written blog could be an interesting option for them
- you already have some experience as a blogger but could do with extra tips on blogging as well as guidance on ghost writing
- you currently ghost write a blog, but feel there is room for improvement
- you'd like to learn some SEO copywriting techniques to promote your ghost blog in the search engines.
We can run this course for you at our South London training centre or at your offices, anywhere in the UK or EU.
In either case, our rates for a one-day course are:
| Number of people
|| Total cost
|| Cost per person
| 1 to 3
|| £210 to £630
All prices exclude VAT.
Please note: for courses run outside the UK we charge a minimum fee of £720.
For courses run at your offices, an additional fee may be charged to cover our trainer's travel expenses and, if necessary, overnight accommodation. Every effort will be made to keep these costs to an absolute minimum.
Our other blogging workshops
‘How to ghost write a blog’ is just one of four workshops we run on blogging. To learn more about our other training options for bloggers, please check out these course descriptions:
On the other hand, if English is not your first language, you may want to consider our course: Blogging In English For Non-native Speakers.
Alternatively, let us ghost write it for you
If the prospect of ghost writing a blog seems a little too daunting, you might want to consider using our in-house blog writing service.
We have a team of highly experienced professional writers, who work as bloggers and journalists. Our writers have created copy for some of the top names in the corporate world, as well as for government departments and major charities.
This is a low cost, high quality service that can take over your blog writing responsibilities, for as long or as short as you wish. Unlike some agencies, which outsource work to less experienced writers in third world countries, we only use tried and tested professionals, based in Britain.
To learn more, visit: Strawberry Blog Writing Service
Where we train
As a bespoke training provider based in the London Borough of Sutton we run courses:
- at our South London training centre - in Carshalton, Surrey just 30 minutes from central London
- at your offices - anywhere in the United Kingdom or the European Union.
Our trainers have worked in every region of the UK and in most major EU countries. They have helped to train hundreds of professionals from all sectors of the economy. That includes people from local and national government, as well as from small, medium and large businesses.
If you're looking to develop your skills as a ghost blog writer, call us today and we will talk you through the options.
And finally . . .
At the end of the session we will issue you with an official course certificate to confirm you have attended.
We will also give you the trainer’s phone number and email address. This is a free service we offer. It allows you to contact the trainer, after the course, if you have any questions about what you have learned.
For more information on our bespoke ‘How to ghost write a blog’ workshop or to make a booking, please call: 020 8773 4718.
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve finished reading about ‘How to ghost write a blog’.
Please take me to the Strawberry Training home page